Yesterday I remembered some cuttings from the last Keepsake Quilting catalogue I recently saved. They had some stunning quilts made of batik fabrics. Of which I’ve got some. Two drawers full, to be exact. Plus the pile of uglies and hard-to-use ones aka the ‘Baddie Bin’.
Today I wanted to play along with the baddies so I’ve decided to be a bad girl myself and start a new project. I need to improve my machine piecing skills, after all. So it’s all for a good cause.
It turned out that a lot of the fabrics went together quite well. I chose one of the KQ projects and began cutting four squares (10 x 10 cms/4 x 4 “) and four strips (3 x 10 cms/1 3/16 x 4 “) from each colour combination.
This is what I’ve got after the first round of cutting. I’m planning to do 100 blocks.